Handling your candle with proper care is very important. Always trim your wick, before igniting, to 1/4". Trimming the wick too short could result in the candle not lighting a flame, and if the wick is too long the flame could be too high and becomes dangerous. The first light is the most exciting, but also important as it sets the tone for the whole life of the candle. Always allow your candle to burn completely to the edges, meaning the whole top layer of wax should be melted to the edge of the container. Everytime you light your candle, this step is very important. If this step is missed, a tunnel will form in the middle of the candle which will result in wasted wax and an unclean burn. That is my TOP ADVICE, now here are a few more essential caring tips for your candle:
- ALWAYS burn your candle within sight.
- ONLY burn your candle on a level surface.
- ALWAYS trim your wick to 1/4" before every light.
- Do NOT burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Keep AWAY from drafts, children, pets, and flammable objects.
- STOP use of candle with only 1/4" of wax is left in the bottom of the container.
- Keep your candle FREE of wax trimmings, matches, or any other foreign materials.
Occasionally, frosting can occur when the natural wax returns to its solid form. Crystal like formations on the candle container resembles "frosting." This is an indictation that 100% natural soy wax is being used. I can assure you, this does not effect the quality or scent of your candle.
SOY WAX MELT CARE
Following proper care instructions are important to receive the best performance from your soy wax melt.
Only use warmers that are approved for wax melts.
Use your wax warmer on a flat, stable surface.
Keep out of reach from children and pets.
Do not burn your wax warmer for more than 6 hours at a time.
Keep away from objects that could catch on fire.
Never add water to your wax warmer.
For wall plug-in warmers use 1 cube, for larger wax warmers place 2 cubes in empty, dry, dish-like burner.